Mandisa Shiceka High School was established in 1995 under the auspices of Kagiso Education Crises Committee and some educators who were volunteering their services. The aim for this establishment was to accommodate learners who could not be admitted to local schools due to the high rate of learners who were seeking admission. Furthermore, the intention was to offer quality teaching and learning programs.
"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."
- President Nelson Mandela
Our mission is to make sure that every learner develops an extraordinary knowledge, skills, values and attitude in the following academic discipline i.e Mathematics, Physical Sciences, ICT and other subjects provided by the school.
The learners are expected to leave the school with an outstanding matric and multiple certificates that will afford them an opportunity to participate fully and independently in this changing world led by the fourth industrial revolution.
Every learner feels valued and inspired in our innovative education system.
Mandisa Shiceka High School is a public school under the Gauteng Department of Education. The school was officially opened on 6 October 2000.
SCHOOL NOTICE BOARD
- Installation of a Greenhouse (grade 09 learners)
- Rocketry (grade 10 and 11 learners will be building rockets and launching rockets)
- Cosmetic/beauty product (grade 8, grade 9 and grade 10 will be producing & branding and Hand lotion/room diffuser/room spray/lip gloss)
- Planting and nurturing indigenous plants used in Medicine (grade 8 and 9 learners)
- Building a Hydrophonic planting system
Old Age home Christmas visit( learners will collect any form of donation, please contact the school for more information)
11347 Utlhwanong Street
Hillsview, Kagiso, Gauteng
1754, South Africa
P.O. Box 596, Kagiso II, 1754
Telephone: 011 410 6319
Facsimile: 011 410 0049